The Game Of Chase
The Game of Chase is an action game, a tabletop board game that portrays the real-life robbery, killings, bullies in the inner city, the everyday trials and tribulations of the street.
It is a multiplayer game of up to 14 players.
The game is for both adults and kids of 12 years or older.
In the gameplay, there are three kinds of players: the good guys, the bad guys, and the ugly takers.
Good guys as a team win if they raise a million dollars by taking illegally earned money from the bad guys to rebuild the community.
Bad guys win if they hustle up a million dollars in neighborhoods, either by killing or taking a million dollars from each other or other players.
Board Killer is called Lama. If he kills everyone during the gameplay, he wins.
"GAME OF CHASE"
WELCOME TO GANGSTA ISLAND
FIRST ONE TO A MILLION DOLLARS WINS!!!
BITTERSWEET PUBLISHING RULES GAME OF CHASE
3 TYPES OF PLAYERS
THE GOOD GUYS – Guys who rebuild the community and clear it of all trouble-makers.
THE BAD HUSTLA’S – Hustlers who sell their poisonously to the entire community.
THE UGLY TAKERS – Takers who will rob you or take your LIFE CARDS.
All BAD HUSTLAS – move first in order to bring financial commerce to the streets.
All GOOD GUYS move second to capture the BAD HUSTLAS money, in order to rebuild the community.
All UGLY TAKERS move last for the hunt.
EACH PLAYER STARTS THE GAME WITH 3 LIFE CARDS. WHEN A PLAYER LOSES ALL LIFE CARDS, THAT PLAYER IS ELIMINATED FROM THE GAME. THERE WILL BE OTHER WAYS TO EARN AN EXTRA LIFE. PLAYERS WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A LIFE FROM THE CRYO GENE CLINIC FOR $250,000.
- Players start with 6 dice being available. Roll as many dice as needed. Players can tip-toe (sneaking up on other players) through the community, compared to hightailing it (running at full speed) with player’s FREEDOM, FUNDS, LIFE CARDS on the line.
- THE GOOD GUYS catch and ‘TAKE’ the BAD HUSTLERS money in an effort to save and rebuild the community, by raising 2 million dollars. GOOD GUYS always work together.
- THE BAD HUSTLAS leave the house poor, only having candy to sell. All have the dream of retiring from the game, by hustling up one million dollars.
- THE UGLY TAKERS eliminate all other players and cause mayhem throughout the community. Each TAKER wants to capture at least one of the 3 LIFE CARDS each player starts the game with. Once any player loses all 3 LIFE CARDS, that player’s game is over.
Only go in one direction, no back and forth on a single roll, unless players run into dead-end streets. Before a player touches their piece, after the dice are rolled, count all of the possibilities of your direction.
Once you set your piece down on a spot/closest to your actual intention, you are stuck there. (Don’t lose your turn ~ preferred time limit is 30 seconds after your roll.) So map out your routes before you get the dice.
All corners can be advanced upon straight-forward or diagonally. As long as the spaces touch, a player can skip the corner spaces to gain the advantage in reaching desired spots.
THE BAD HUSTLAS (ALL BAD HUSTLAS MUST GO FIRST BEFORE OTHER 2 TEAMS)
- The aim is to land on the entry spots of any community. Once landing on #### (entry points) roll all 6 dice again, called GETTING YOUR HUSTLE ON.
- The minimum roll to score is three of a kind.
Roll three 6’s = $6,000
Roll four 6’s = $60,000.
Roll five 6’s = $600,000
At any time, while GETTING YOUR HUSTLE ON, $50,000 is awarded if the dice show 3 doubles.
*TWO SPOTS ARE WORTH DOUBLE AND TRIPLE THE HUSTLE.
LAKEFRONT CONDOS = DOUBLE MONEY.
DA CARTER = TRIPLE MONEY
3. On a players first attempt to get their HUSTLE ON (at any entry) if a player does not score, pass the dice. But if the player scores, the earned funds are thrown into the dice box. Either take the money or risk it all in an attempt to score again.
MUST AT LEAST ROLL MULTIPLES OF 3 TO CONTINUE TO HUSTLE. IF NOT, THE PLAYER LOSES IT ALL AND THE MONEY GOES TO ATMBF.
THE GOOD GUYS
- THE GOOD GUYS work as a team. Players win by their money together, totaling $2,000,000 to rebuild the city
- .GOOD GUYS land on BAD HUSTLAS positions. THE GOOD GUYS then collect THE BAD HUSTLAS money, except for deposited ATM FUNDS.
THE UGLY TAKER
THE UGLY TAKERS take you by any means, whether it’s a player’s money, freedom, or LIFE CARDS. THE UGLY TAKERS land on other player’s positions to score
1. LAMA – The board killer vs. THE GOOD, THE BAD, and THE UGLY. If LAMA lands on a player’s position, the player loses a LIFE CARD, then goes to the cemetery. If LAMA kills everyone once, he wins the game ( Players can not defend themselves against LAMA) so run fast!
2. CROOKED COP (Rouge undercover federal agent) – arrests all players except for LAMA. If CROOKED COP lands on a player’s position, the player is beat up, arrested, goes to jail, and loses a life card. CROOKED COP keeps players money except for ATM FUNDS. If CROOKED COP reaches $1,000,000 or arrests all players once, he wins the game. (ONLY TAKERS CAN LAND ON CROOKED COP’s POSITION)
(There are 3 vulnerable UGLY TAKERS)
3. MRS. SEXY – Infects players with STI except for LAMA. If MRS. SEXY lands on a player’s position, the player
is burnt, robbed, goes to the hospital, and loses a life card. If she reaches $1,000,000 or infects everyone once,
she wins the game. She can be defended-off by a STRUGGLE.
4. 5-FINGERS – Robs players or stabs them except for LAMA. If 5-FINGERS lands on a player’s position, the
player is stabbed, robbed, goes to the hospital, and loses a life card. If he reaches $1,000,000 or attacks all
players once, he wins the game. He can be defended-off by a STRUGGLE.
5. BULLY D. WILLIAMS – Beats up and robs players except for LAMA. If BULLY D. WILLIAMS lands on a player’s
position, the player is knocked out, robbed, goes to the hospital, and loses a life card. If he reaches $1,000,000
or knocks out all players once, he wins the game. He can be defended-off by a STRUGGLE
TO TAKE A PERSON
- When a player lands on a spot another player already occupies, it is considered a “TAKE” or “GETTING YOUR TAKE ON.”
- If a GOOD GUY ‘TAKES’ a BAD HUSTLA, THE BAD HUSTLA’s funds are turned over to THE GOOD GUY (except for ATM FUNDS).
- If a GOOD GUY lands on a BAD GUY or vulnerable UGLY TAKERS (3), except for CROOKED COP and LAMA, the GOOD GUY gets $50,000.
- If a BAD HUSTLA lands on another BAD HUSTLA, that player also gets $50,000.
- BAD HUSTLAS can not land on GOOD GUYS to earn $50,000 (HUSTLAS only hustle).
- GOOD GUYS can not land on GOOD GUYS to earn $50,000. BUT once at least 2 players are already ‘STACKED’, GOOD GUYS & BAD HUSTLAS can start getting bonuses for STACKING.
- However, if any UGLY TAKER takes a player, that player has a chance to defend themselves, (except for CROOKED COP and LAMA).
- When an UGLY TAKER takes a player, the TAKER automatically takes the player’s LIFE CARD and the player’s money except for what is in their ATM FUND. However when LAMA is the TAKER, ATM FUNDS are TAKEN unless players possess BENEFICIARY CARDS.
- If a player wants to defend themselves, which is called a “STRUGGLE,” after the Take, the player being being ‘TAKEN’ must roll 3 of a kind, out of 6 dice, to get their money and LIFE CARD back. However, if the TAKEN player does not want to risk losing an extra LIFE CARD, go to the designated area of the TAKER (jail, hospital, or cemetery).
- Players only have 3 lives, do not waste them on protecting your money. CROOKED COP and LAMA are the only TAKERS who can not be defended against.
- A player can only ‘STRUGGLE’ against VULNERABLE TAKERS (BULLY D. WILLIAMS, 5-FINGERS, and MISS SEXY)
- If a STRUGGLE is won, after regaining funds and a LIFE CARD back, the player must roll only 2 dice. If a pair is rolled (2 identical dice) THE UGLY TAKER goes to the cemetery. If no pair is rolled, use the numbers on the dice to escape.
- Whenever two players occupy the same space resulting from a ‘TAKE’, if a third player lands on them, the third player is awarded $200,000. That’s receiving a bonus of $100,000 for each additional player under the STACK.
- QUADRUPLE STACK BONUS works the same way, however the fourth player receives $300,000. And so on and so on. $100,000 per extra stacked player.
- UGLY TAKERS CAN NOT STACK. If an UGLY TAKER lands on a STACK, every player on the STACK gets TAKEN. (Jail, hospital, or cemetery). And the TAKER also receives $100,000 per player, along with unprotected funds and LIFE CARDS.
When a player goes to jail, ATM FUNDS are released and given to the player. Therefore, the player will leave jail with all funds in their possession. (It’s best to go straight to the ATM and don’t forget to call BANK RUN).
Before rolling the dice, when coming out of jail, a player must pull a JAIL CARD. If a player does not possess a BOND OUT CARD (this card protects funds that a player has in the ATM, no worries. However this is a one time use.) Players can own up to 3 for $10,000 each. MUST LAND ON BAIL BONDS or LAWYERS OFFICE TO PURCHASE THEM, one at a time or all 3 at once.
Anytime a player goes to jail, all of the player’s ATM FUNDS will be given to that player, unless ATM FUNDS are protected by owning a BOND OUT CARD
A player goes to the HOSPITAL, after losing a LIFE CARD by vulnerable UGLY TAKERS. When a player’s turncomes while in the HOSPITAL, pull a HOSPITAL CARD. Follow the rules on the card.
CEMETERY (3 WAYS TO BE IN THE CEMETERY)
LAMA KILLED YOU
YOU LOST A STRUGGLE
YOU ARE OUT OF LIFE CARDS
When a player goes to the cemetery, that player loses a LIFE CARD, all money, plus ATM FUNDS, unless that player has a BENEFICIARY CARD – A player can only own up to 3 for $50,000 each (one time use only and may be purchased one at a time or all 3 at once from BITTERSWEET LIFE/MUTUAL BENEFICIARIES). This protects ATM FUNDS and allows that player to inherit funds, while beginning a new life.
So when a player goes to the CEMETERY, after losing a LIFE CARD, that player waits for his or her turn, then pulls a CEMETERY CARD. Follow the instructions on the card.
FUNDS ARE 100% SAFE, ONCE DEPOSITED INTO THE ATM, UNLESS THE PLAYER LOSES A LIFE CARD. IF A PLAYER GOES TO JAIL, ALL ATM FUNDS ARE RELEASED TO THAT PLAYER.
EACH PLAYERS ATM FUNDS ARE TO BE KEPT IN THE ENVELOPE PROVIDED
Hint: Buy a BOND OUT CARD for Jail $10,000 or a BENEFICIARY CARD for Cemetery $50,000. (Protects funds)
When going to deposit cash at the ATM, a player must call “BANK RUN” before rolling the dice. If a player calls “BANK RUN”, but attempts to go elsewhere to make a different transaction (EXAMPLE: buy CARDS, get their HUSTLE ON or TAKE A PERSON)
The first person to call “MY MONEY” immediately gets the funds that are being deposited into the ATM.
ARMORED TRUCK MONEY BAG FALL (ATMBF)
Only at the beginning of a player’s natural roll, if 1-2-3-4-5-6 appears on the dice, ATMBF is awarded to that player. ATMBF automatically collects $1,000 every time the dice returns to the very first shooter
ATMBF contains all of the money used to buy cards, pay lawyer fees, along with the money LAMA confiscates by killing you (LAMA does not collect money, only souls).
ANYONE TO ROLL 6 OF A KIND AT ANYTIME, WINS (EXCEPT FOR LAMA).
IF AT ANYTIME, A PLAYER ROLLS 1-1-1-2-6-6 (3 craps) SOMEONE CALLED THE POLICE AND SNITCHED ON
YOU, SO THAT PLAYER GOES DIRECTLY TO JAIL.
WHILE A PLAYER GETS HIS OR HER HUSTLE ON, IF THE PLAYER ROLLS 1-2-3-4-5+(any number). SOMEONE SNITCHED ON THAT PLAYER, SO THAT PLAYER GOES DIRECTLY TO JAIL.
Whoever identifies these rolls and calls “MY MONEY” snitched on you. That player receives all of the player’s money (except what’s in your ATM) and delivers that player to jail.
STARTING POINTS FOR ALL PLAYERS
THE GOOD GUYS
1. KING CERVUS
DRUG FREE ZONE
3. OFFICER FRIENDLY
4. COUNSELOR MOM
THE BAD HUSTLERS
2. MR. H
3. METH MAN
5. PROFESSOR X
THE UGLY TAKERS
2.BULLY D. WILLIAMS
3. MRS. SEXY
LAP DANCE CLUB
4. CROOKED COP
Shuffle player cards and pass them out randomly or in order or trade.
TWO WAYS TO PLAY
- A player is given 30 seconds by the sand glass to complete a single roll. (OPTIONAL 30 Sec).
- The player, before the shooter of the dice, will start the sand glass and the player after the shooter will signal when time is up.
- The shooter must roll the dice and move to his or her desired location/entry before the time is up or the shooter stays in the same spot if time expires. (Lost turn)
- A shooter does not control the sand glass on his or her turn.
- THERE IS ALSO A 30 SECOND TIME LIMIT WHEN A PLAYER IS GETTING HIS OR HER “HUSTLE ON”.
BOND OUT CARD
- Secures the money that a player has in the ATM, no worries. (Jail only)
- However this is a one time use. You can own up to 3 for $10,000 a piece. MUST LAND ON BAIL BONDS or LAWYERS OFFICE TO PURCHASE THEM, ONE AT A TIME OR BUY 3 AT ONCE.
Players can only own up to 3 for $50,000 a piece (One time use only and may be purchased one at a time or buy 3 at once from BITTERSWEET LIFE/MUTUAL BENEFICIARIES) This protects ATM FUNDS and allows a player to inherit their funds at the start of a new life.
Call out loud, before a person rolls the dice, when attempting to make an ATM deposit. BANK RUN alerts other players that THE CHASE IS ON.
Reasons to call:
- When a player “CHEATS”! Calling BANK RUN but decides to do other transactions.
- When a player is “SNITCHED ON”, while getting their “HUSTLE ON” rolling 1-1-1-2-6-6 (3 craps).
- Can be called after a player’s turn, when a bad transaction is committed. The player who catches the mistake,
keeps the profits.
- (MIGHT WANNA TO HAVE A CAMERA HANDY)
- The player who calls ‘MY MONEY’, gets all of that player’s money except ATM FUNDS and escorts that player to jail.
SORRY NO BAILOUTS DURING BANK FAILURES. IT’S A DOG EAT DOG
WORLD. WIN BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.
GAME OF CHASE CAN BE PURCHASED AT
PO BOX 690324
HOUSTON, TX 77269
BUY THE GAME
The faces on the money are not permanent and you can customize it and put your own face/picture wherever needed- A 10 million dollar block customized with any person’s face goes for $45 .